About PDP 2013
Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing has undergone impressive change over recent years. New architectures and applications have rapidly become the central focus of the discipline. These changes are often a result of cross-fertilisation of parallel and distributed technologies with other rapidly evolving technologies such as telecommunications and multimedia. It is of paramount importance to review and assess these new developments in comparison with recent research achievements in the well-established areas of parallel and distributed computing, from industry and the scientific community. PDP 2013 will provide a forum for the presentation of these and other issues through original research presentations and will facilitate the exchange of knowledge and new ideas at the highest technical level.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Parallel Computing: massively parallel machines; embedded parallel and distributed systems; multiand many-core systems; GPU and FPGA based parallel systems; parallel I/O; memory organization
- Distributed and Network-based Computing: Cluster, Grid, Web and Cloud computing; mobile computing; interconnection networks
- Data Intensive Computing: large scale data processing; distributed databases and archives; large scale data management; metadata; data intensive applications
- Models and Tools: programming languages and environments; runtime support systems; performance prediction and analysis; simulation of parallel and distributed systems
- Systems and Architectures: novel system architectures; high data throughput architectures; service-oriented architectures; heterogeneous systems; shared-memory and message-passing systems; middleware and distributed operating systems; dependability and survivability; resource management
- Advanced Algorithms and Applications: distributed algorithms; multi-disciplinary applications; computations over irregular domains; numerical applications with multi-level parallelism; real-time distributed applications; distributed business applications
Euromicro is an international scientific organization advancing sciences and applications of Information Technology and Microelectronics. A major focus is on organizing conferences and workshops in Computer Science and Computer Engineering. Euromicro is a non-profit association founded in 1974 and annual conferences have taken place in more than 20 countries all over Europe.
Participate in PDP2013
Call for PapersWe invite you to consider submitting papers to the 21st Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing PDP 2013.
Special SessionsIn addition, special sessions will address upcoming novel topics. A call for Special Session Proposals will be published shortly, with deadline 19 March 2012.
PublicationProceedings will be published by Conference Publishing Services (CPS). Authors of accepted papers are expected to register and present their papers at the Conference.
PDP 2013 will be organised by Queen’s University Belfast and will be held in the Wellington Park Hotel, adjacent to the University.